After I encountered Africa Miranda on social media over two years ago, we began communicating with each other via various platforms. She is making an impact in multiple ways. Herein is my interview with Africa Miranda.
1. Tell us about yourself.
Africa Miranda: I am an actress, beautypreneur, content creator, and digital personality.
2. What was your first big break?
I wouldn’t say that I’ve had a traditional “big break” yet. One moment that has been transformative in my career was starting in “The New Atlanta” on Bravo TV.
3. Tell us about Beauty by Africa Miranda.
Beauty by Africa Miranda is my luxury beauty and lifestyle company that is inspired by travel. All products that I create are inspired by places I’ve visited.
4. I see you are a spokesperson for multiple companies. Do companies reach out to you? What is the process of becoming a product spokesperson?
I’m fortunate at this point in my career that brands reach out to me for partnerships. The decision process for me comes down to how I feel about the brand, whether or not I actually like and use (or would use) their product, and if I feel it would be beneficial and well received by my audience.
5. Describe your relationship with Hello Beautiful.
I am a freelance contributor to the Style & Beauty section of Hello Beautiful.
6. What is your favorite entertainment discipline (acting, singing, etc.)?
I love and enjoy them both equally. They challenge and inspire me in different way so it’s too hard to choose!
7. You have been based in both Atlanta and New York City. Which has been best for your career advancement?
Atlanta is where I saw the most tangible success and NYC has given me the work ethic that has sustained me in my career.
8. I first noticed you on “The New Atlanta” on Bravo. I “rediscovered” you on Periscope in 2015. What role has social media played in your career? What is your favorite platform?
My favorite platform is Instagram. It literally has everything in one place.
Social media plays a huge role in my career. I use it to promote my projects, keep a raised profile, create content and connect with my audience.
9. What projects are in the planning stage for you?
I’ll be hosting the upcoming Travel Fly Weekend in Greece (June 2018) for Parlour Magazine
10. How can people get in touch with you?
all social: @africamiranda
Africa is in the public eye in so many ways. She is a true influencer. Companies want her to promote their products. Her company Beauty by Africa Miranda reflects her life experiences!
Please provide feedback or questions in the Comments. I would really enjoy hearing from you.
Disclaimer: The author is not being financially compensated by Beauty by Africa Miranda for this post.
Originally published March 2, 2018. Updated August 19, 2020 to adjust category assignments.