I connected with Jermaine Smith while he was hosting his internet radio show “Spotlite Radio,” where he interviewed entertainment artists. I had a call-in segment where I would provide some entertainment news, called the STAT report (STAT derived from my old Twitter handle “greenSTATw”). Jermaine has produced and written books, live theatre, films, and web series through his company Everyday The Brand Inc. The interview in this post concentrates on his recent film release, “The Needs.”
A short film that looks into some of the challenges faced by the parents, family members, caretakers, and educators of children with special needs.“The Needs,” from Jermaine Smith
1. Introduce yourself to our readers.
Jermaine Smith: Jermaine Smith, born in Queens, NY and raised in Brooklyn, NY.
2. What led you into the entertainment business?
The love for writing has always been my drive which ultimately led to my endeavors into the industry.
3. Tell us about the Everyday The Brand production company.
Everyday The Brand Inc. is a grass root built company that represents my works (writing, social media, production, etc.).
4. How did your life experience influence the type of content you produce?
The projects I write, produce, direct, or construct are based on and geared towards the “Every Day Individual” to motivate and inspire.
5. Tell us about the storyline of your latest film “The Needs” and your inspiration and motivation for making it.
“The Needs” was written to speak to the voiceless and to start the conversations about the parents, educators, caretakers, and family members of children and adults with special needs.
6. Did you consult with subject matter experts about the storyline?
I spoke with several friends and associates that either were parents, or related to or professionally work with individuals with special needs.
7. The target audience for “The Needs” may be different than your other projects. How do you ensure your target audience knows about this film?
“The Needs” has no target audience coincidentally. The film was made to raise awareness and be a conversation starter.
8. Tell us where “The Needs” can be viewed.
9. You have been the driving force behind many projects of different genres. Tell us what you have learned and how you have grown in your producing abilities over the years.
The goal is to be better every time out with the writing, production, and delivery.
10. What other projects do you want to tell our readers about? How can our readers get in touch with you?
I think it is so great that Jermaine is willing to tackle serious subjects. His goal is to produce projects that get people to think and to provide inspiration. I am pleased to have had the opportunity to be a funder and a producer and associate producer on some of his projects. By the way, there is a sequel to “The Needs” in the works.
To my readers, please provide feedback or questions in the Comments. I would really enjoy hearing from you. And let me know if there are any topics you would like me to cover.
Disclaimer: The author is not being financially compensated by anyone associated with any project mentioned, for this post.
The interview was edited for readability and formating.
Support Our #creatives® is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.